WSIPC Commissions High School and Beyond Study
Sep 28, 18
When it comes to our WSIPC Services, we are always interested in discovering ways we can improve the solutions we offer to our districts. To that end, we recently engaged the Puget Sound ESD Strategy, Evaluation and Learning Center to conduct a study to achieve the following goals:
- Learn how districts and schools are implementing WSIPC’s High School and Beyond planning tool
- Understand how WSIPC’s High School and Beyond planning tool helps students prepare for graduation and achieve post-secondary goals
- Identify support that districts and schools need to successfully implement the WSIPC High School and Beyond planning tool
Among the findings, the study revealed the following about WSIPC’s HSB planning tool:
- Offers an intuitive and attractive user interface that aligns with Washington State requirements
- New features and customizability reflect district and school feedback, such as language translation and integration with Skyward
- Cost of the tool includes coordination and professional development
- Add flexibility to the open-ended question prompts
- Improve ease and consistency in the data feed between the High School and Beyond planning tool and Skyward
- Add dashboard tracking and follow-up functionality
- Online video-based training library would be helpful for parents and students
Representatives from the PSESD Evaluation and Learning Team will present all findings to the WSIPC Executive Board at the January 2019 meeting. The findings of the study will be used to improve our HSB tool and tailor it even more closely to our district’s needs.
Thank You to PSESD
We would like to thank the Puget Sound ESD Strategy, Evaluation and Learning Center. Their work was thorough and created actionable information that will help us further improve the product.
WSIPC’s HSB planning tool complies with House Bill 2224 and is used by the majority of school districts within the Cooperative. WSIPC’s HSB planning tool is part of the My School Data product suite. If you’d like to learn more about WSIPC’s HSB planning tool, or about My School Data, contact the WSIPC Data Solutions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-349-6699.
WSIPC is a non-profit cooperative that provides technology solutions (including Skyward), services, and support to K-12 schools. WSIPC’s purpose is to help schools do more with every dollar and to empower them with the tools to work smarter.