Gregory Bender founded K12 Alerts® in 2002 to provide a comprehensive and affordable emergency communications platform for school administrators. Mr. Bender, a native New Yorker, got his original inspiration after living through the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center. He saw the immediate need for administrators to reach out to parents and staff in a crisis and created K12 Alerts® to solve the problem.
Since 2002, K12 Alerts® has continued to evolve and meet customer needs through our countless conversations with clients as a trusted advisor. Our customer partnerships and feedback, helped us release Version 10 in 2009. We pride ourselves on listening to our customers and providing both out-of-the-box and tailored solutions. Our team of professionals and our unique results-based applications have set us apart from our competition. We are not imitators... we are innovators with products like our Parent My Account® portal, Electronic Student Emergency cards and rich-text HTML tools to name a few.
K12 Alerts is an Awarded Vendor of RFP 16-03 Notification Systems. Reference WSIPC Contract 16-03 for contract pricing.
Emergency Notifications Finely Tuned
Work Smarter, Not Harder
Through the WSIPC contract, educational institutions can purchase the full breadth of K12 Alerts®' award winning emergency communication services at consortium pricing. Educational institutions can efficiently and economically send emergency messages, routine notifications, daily attendance calls, and email newsletters, and can collect up-to-date resident emails through our resident portals.
The WSIPC and K12 Alerts partnership helps educational institutions to lower costs, increase parent involvement and “Go Green” using the finest yet cost-effective communications tools for educational administrators.
- K12 Alerts® is a hosted service with no hardware or software to maintain
- Easy to use system for any level administrator
- Send your first notification in 15 minutes or less
- Reduce redundant systems with one robust communications system
- Instant student and staff updates from Skyward®
Simplicity of use
- Instantly send voice, email, text, and social media messages
- Easily import Student or HR Information
- Automated data imports
- Allow students or faculty to update their contact information 24/7 using our My Account® portal
- Create and use visual pre-sent email message templates
- Simple publishing to Facebook and Twitter
Smart Button® Mobile and Desktop Applications for Campus Safety
Smart Button® technology connects schools, triage team(s) and law enforcement in real-time during a crisis situation. The Smart Button® mobile and desktop apps are made available to administrators, faculty/staff and law enforcement, which strengthens and shortens response times to a crisis in comparison to traditional 911 methods.
- Live connection with school building(s) in a crisis
- Automatically inform triage team, real-time communications
- Select to simultaneously inform Police and Fire of threat
- Unified communications with building and all first responders
- Incident mapping of building locations and rooms
- Immediate access to building diagram(s)
- Activate alerts from any computer or mobile device
- Automatic alert notifications broadcast to computers/mobile devices
Organizations can use the Smart Button® system for drill exercises as a component of emergency response preparations for different situations.
In a crisis situation, school districts or schools can share information together on their computers, phones and/or forward incidents to law enforcement for immediate action.